Services customers and their accounts, cross-selling bank products, and complying with bank operations. Works with customers and prospective customers on deposit related, consumer and real estate loan products along with other services offered by the bank making recommendations which will satisfy the customer’s needs. This position will have the potential to travel as needed for other branch support.
- Aggressively cross-sells bank products or services to existing and potential customers through in-person sales sessions as well as by phone, written correspondence and external sales calls.
- Opens all types of accounts; including checking, savings, certificates of deposits, IRAs, commercial accounts, merchant services, etc.
- Provides information and referrals to customers seeking other services; including but not limited to, Wealth Management and HLC.
- Expands bank’s customer base, increases the bank’s visibility and enhances new business opportunities by prospecting potential customers, participating in the officer call program, participating in community affairs.
- Exhibits full understanding of all products, services, selling techniques and market trends.
- Completes special requests by closing accounts; taking orders for checks, exchanging foreign currencies, providing special statements, copies, and referrals; completing safe-deposit box procedures.
- May assist in managing the bank’s overall merchant program.
- Provide teller support in the form of over rides, training of new tellers, scheduling of tellers and review of teller transactions.
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging currency and coins, reconciling loan coupons and other transactions; turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to lead teller; maintaining supply of cash and currency.
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments; cashing checks; issuing savings withdrawals; recording night and mail deposits; selling cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, and Savings Bonds; answering questions in person or on the telephone; referring to other bank services.
- Records transaction by logging cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s checks and other special services; preparing currency transaction reports; recording and filing cashed savings bonds.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions and regulatory compliance; maintaining customer traffic surveys; auditing other tellers’ currency; assisting in certification of proof; preparing TT &L for transmitting to the IRS.
- Answers inquiries from Retail staff.
- Stays up-to-date with changes in banking industry and is constantly aware of competition.
- Willingness to participate and take a leadership role in various community activities and programs.
- Represents First Citizens as a leader in the community and participates in community development opportunities and activities to enhance the bank’s image and maintain a referral network for business development opportunities.