At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials its made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
At Capital, we have over 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you are empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Position Summary: Operates commercial truck to deliver product to customers according to written orders, ensuring accurate product delivery at each stop.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Operates commercial tractor and trailer safely at all times including exiting and entering the yard, driving on public roads and delivering product to customer facilities.
- Provides excellent customer service in an efficient manner
- Conducts all driving in a safe and courteous manner
- Maintains DOT certifications and logs according to state and federal regulations and company policy
- Secures loads with belts and protects loads by tarping as necessary
- Assists unloading by removing tarps and belts assuring that correct product is removed from the trailer
- Maintains paperwork as necessary on deliveries and returns
- Maintains clean interior of vehicle
- Submits requests for cleaning of vehicle to keep neat appearance
- Presents personal appearance as pleasant, neat and clean as a representative of Capital
- Performs all required pre and post trip inspections on vehicle
- Promptly reports all truck maintenance issues and/or equipment failures
- Maintains a current, correct and legal logbook
- Informs supervisor in advance when legal driving and working hours are getting close to limit
- Weighs loads as required and does not attempt to drive a vehicle that is overweight
- Attend Drivers Safety Meetings as required
- Performs other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment