High school diploma and 3-5 years of customer service experience required.
Requires 2 + years of experience in client relations in Aviation and/or a Luxury Hotel as well as the ability to work weekends and holidays.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent office and computer skills
- Strong organizational, communication, and verbal skills
- Time management and resource management
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Service Orientated
- Ability to work in a multifaceted environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be available to work flexible hours.
- Must have a valid C Class Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Excellent personal presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientated -- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness -- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Comfortable working independently
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Adept problem solver
- Deadline driven
- Air Elite Training completion
- MVOP license
- NATA Training completion
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including full-service FBOs in Los Angeles and Orange County, and aircraft maintenance centers in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Oxford, Connecticut. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit claylacy.com