Mayo Aviation is seeking a full-time Air Medical Pilot. We offer a balanced schedule and an enhanced compensation program with a base pay of $117,500 and a combined sign-on and retention program of $37,500.
You can make a difference in our beautiful community, earn great pay, come home to your family every day, and have plenty of time to pursue your passions outside of work! If that sounds ideal, you might be a great fit with Mayo Aviation as a King Air 200 Flight for Life Air Medical Pilot. The time you spend working matters, and you will be highly valued for it.
Part of the Common Spirit Health Network, Flight For Life® serves the entire Rocky Mountain Region and has transported approximately 130,000 patients on over 90,000 flights, responding to those in need regardless of a patient’s ability to pay.
Mayo Aviation and Flight for Life Colorado have enjoyed a long-standing relationship serving the people in the Rocky Mountain West for over 42 years. Mayo Aviation has provided charter service since 1978, including serving as the air carrier of choice for Flight For Life® since 1979. Mayo believes in solving complex transportation problems and improving people’s lives through the use of business transportation and has earned the reputation as one of the safest, most respected air charter operations in the business.
What you can expect from us:
- A strong safety culture
- No training contract
- Annual pay increases
- Opportunity to make a deep impact by saving lives and know your work matters, in a fun environment where we take the time to laugh and provide the best experience possible for our team.
- Ability to be a valued and cared-for team member who is more than a number and whose voice is heard.
- Support for your Professional Development, career growth, and advancement.
- A balanced schedule
- Comprehensive benefits within the first 30 days
- Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account
- 100% Company-paid Life, Short Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K plan participation within the first 30 days
- Unlimited PTO
- Corporate DashPass
- Company Paid Legal
- FREE Loveland Ski Passes
What we’ll expect from you and what you'll be doing:
- Independently transporting patients as a single pilot of a King Air 200 air ambulance operation.
- Maintaining readiness at Centennial Airport (KAPA) facility throughout the entire shift for critical care round trips of approximately 800 miles to medical facilities across the Front Range and surrounding states.
- Completing pre-flight inspection of aircraft; including reviewing load weights, fuel supplies, weather conditions, flight routes, and determining that aircraft is airworthy and prepared for flight in accordance with FAA and Company regulations.
- Supervising loading of passengers, equipment, and baggage; ensuring that weight and balance specifications are met
- Coordinating with airport ground crew, and with the center regarding ETA's and relaying any needs of the medical crew.
- Maintaining knowledge of and compliance with the FAA regulations, Flight For Life® Procedures, Company Flight Operations Manuals, etc. and proactively contributing to Mayo Aviation’s Safety Management System.