The Technical Product Manager Web Treating will be the go-to individual for all technical aspects of the web treating product line while maintaining a strong customer focus. The position is responsible for being the technical resource for our internal sales, production and service teams. The position will push the product line forward from a technical standpoint and spearhead improvements to technology and processes.
Enercon offers excellent pay, full benefits, profit sharing, and a fun & friendly family environment. Great opportunity to join an international market leader that takes care of its employees and provides opportunity for growth.
If you enjoy owning a product line, being a technical resource, and want to work for a proven, successful company, then Enercon is the right place for you!
Core Functions and Responsibilities
- Acts as the linchpin for interdepartmental communications related to technical aspects of the product line
- Manages development projects related to the product line and works closely with R&D director to make sure development projects are completed on time
- Works closely with production personnel to ensure that equipment meets expectations and productions deadlines are met
- Understands the necessary aspects of the ERP system (Order Management, Job Management, Part Management, Case Management)
- Manages the sample lab and acts as a technical expert for application of the equipment
- Reviews technical specifications for custom equipment
- Assists in custom pricing and quoting. Manages the quoting system and price lists for the product line
- Provides hands-on training for production personnel for new and custom equipment. Provides training for sales staff and sales representatives
- Manages all technical documentation related to the product line, including test procedures, manuals, troubleshooting documents, etc.
- Works with the marketing department to suggest and produce marketing literature to help push the product line forward
- Works closely with other key personnel on day-to-day decision making regarding the product line
- Consults with senior leadership on large scale decisions regarding the product line
- Communicates directly with customers on technical topics related to both pre-sale and post-sale support
- Monitors customer service (parts and field service) to determine product weakness and areas for improvement
- Uses knowledge of market, customers and competition to help drive product improvement and suggest future development projects