About For Our Future
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and civil rights. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a communitys collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve peoples lives.
In 2018, we made over 9 million door knocks and held 1.3 million face-to-face conversations with voters in 7 states. Our turnout operation and innovative program helped restore voting rights to 1.4 million Floridians, expand Medicaid coverage to 400,000 in Virginia, and resulted in sizable electoral progress at the state and federal level, including the pickup of 3 Governor mansions, 1 Senate seat, 13 Congressional seats, and 22 state legislative seats.
FOF will continue to grow and win through 2020, building power across issue fights and elections. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our current state programs include Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
This is issue advocacy work only, no fundraising, no sales/solicitations. Are you progressive, motivated and ready to work? Join our team at For Wisconsin's Future! For Wisconsin's Future supports progressive candidates, legislation, and causes by engaging communities on the issues that matter to them. Training and skill development are available for those interested in building skill sets in community development, grassroots activity on legislative issues, and electoral action. This is a limited term position ending November 30, 2019.
- Will serve on the front lines of a voter outreach program, including regular door-to-door canvassing.
- Creating and maintaining a database of voters through our Relational Voter Program
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely
- Use electronic equipment to record the results of voter engagements
- Undergo regular trainings on issues and process to facilitate quality conversations with targeted voters
- Must be a team player and work well alone or as part of a team, and can work collaboratively and horizontally across the organization.
- Enthusiasm for Building Progressive Power
- Employees may be required to work in varying weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, rain, snow, or other weather conditions.
- Ability to lift at a minimum 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for several hours.
- Employees may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends, holidays, nights, and during blackout periods.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or ordinances. This policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, working conditions, compensation, promotion, benefits, scheduling, training, discipline and termination
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as employment at will. This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing employment at will relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is at will, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your at will status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.