About For Our Future:
Founded in 2016, For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future run the largest, permanent progressive field program across key states. Our vision is to expand the progressive infrastructure and advance economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice, and civil rights. Along with community partners and volunteers, we consistently engage with people in face-to-face conversations around what issues matter most to them. By organizing people in lasting relationships, we win elections, drive local progress, make a communitys collective voice heard, and help build the transformative power needed to improve peoples lives.
In 2018, we made over 9 million door knocks and held 1.3 million face-to-face conversations with voters in 7 states. Our turnout operation and innovative program helped restore voting rights to 1.4 million Floridians, expand Medicaid coverage to 400,000 in Virginia, and resulted in sizable electoral progress at the state and federal level, including the pickup of 3 Gubernatorial offices, 1 Senate seat, 13 Congressional seats, and 22 state legislative seats.
For Our Future will continue to grow and win through 2020, building power across issue fights and elections. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our current state programs include Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund seeks a Deputy Director, Data Services to manage our state data & analytics support program. The Deputy Director works to ensure that state programs have ample data resources to effectively run robust direct contact activity. In addition, the Deputy Director, Data Services will work with the field department to develop tools and resources needed for targeting, goal setting, and programmatic planning. The Deputy Director will also take the lead in managing For Our Futures VAN systems, including identifying best practices to simplify data reporting and experiment implementation. Lastly, the Deputy Director will help recruit, hire, and manage additional national data services staff. Successful candidates will likely have 2 - 3 cycles of experience working on an electoral or issue advocacy campaign, and have VAN experience. The Deputy Director is a core member of the Data & Analytics team and will be responsible for providing additional support to the team, and the national organization, as needed.
This position, which reports to the National Data & Analytics Director, will be funded through at least November 6, 2020.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage multiple projects connecting states and national data program, including building support channels and processes for tool development.
- Work closely with the field team to establish effective systems to track and evaluate progress to goal for the organization, staff, and partners.
- Serve as primary data point of contact for voter contact and training teams to ensure states have support they need from the data department to be successful.
- Manage state data support program, including providing tools, trainings, and resources to state data staff for management of data & analytics projects concerning their program.
- Manage and develop a team of regional data directors that serves as the liaison between headquarters and the states data operations.
- Work with vendors & coalition partners to build systems and infrastructure within For Our Future VAN committees & instances or other voter contact databases to appropriately track field and partner activity.
- Promote a strong and inclusive culture and support a team that is mission-driven, well-trained, and set up for success.
- Work with the National Data & Analytics Director to recruit, hire and manage team of national regional data directors and other national data support staff.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as designated by the National Data & Analytics Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least one cycle of previous data management experience on an electoral or issue-based field campaign, including familiarity with VAN, is required. Successful candidates will likely have 2 - 3 cycles of experience working on an electoral or issue advocacy campaign.
- Strong VAN, MS Excel, and PowerPoint skills (experience with SQL a plus)
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective and successful data driven electoral field plans, including targeting, voter contact, GOTV, and best practices with each.
- Experience providing training on technical topics is highly preferred.
- Experience managing support using a ticketing system is preferred.
Successful candidates will display:
- Enthusiasm for building progressive power.
- An ability to work within and adapt to a changing political and policy landscape.
- Ability to develop short- and long-term program plans, set objectives and metrics, track progress toward achieving objectives, and align those strategies with other progressive efforts in state.
- Ability to get buy-in and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders for that plan is required.
- An aptitude for partner communication, specifically the ability to relay programmatic details to external and independent partners and funders.
- An ability to manage vendor relationships, including the ability to communicate the organizations technical needs concisely with multiple data vendors.
- Experience communicating technical subject matter (i.e. VAN, Excel) to a less technical audience, and strong written communication skills.
- A solutions-oriented approach and a willingness to take initiative.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and an ability to meet deadlines, while juggling several priorities that may change quickly.
- Experience working in a coalition setting, particularly coalitions with labor partners, strongly preferred. Experience in engaging progressive organizations in dense urban areas, as well as suburban and rural areas, is preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field is preferred (Professional experience may be substituted for degree)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This position is located in Washington, D.C, and will perform work in an open office environment. Must be willing to occasionally travel and work long hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For Our Future Action Fund offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills, and demonstrated abilities.
For Our Future Action Fund offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health insurance coverage - 95% employer paid and 5% employee paid
- Retirement savings plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 monthly cell phone bill reimbursement
- 10 days paid time off every calendar year, as well as other paid holidays
For Our Future Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law, including race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, military service, or veteran status. Should an applicant need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, they should contact an organizational representative.
Employment At Will
The relationship between you and the For Our Future Action Fund is referred to as employment at will. This means that your employment can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause, with or without notice, by you or the For Our Future Action Fund/For Our Future. No representative of For Our Future Action Fund has authority to enter into any employment agreement with you that is contrary to the foregoing employment at will relationship. By signing below, you hereby affirm your that your employment is at will, and that you acknowledge that no oral or written statements or representations regarding your employment can alter your at will status, except for a written statement signed by you and our Chief Executive Officer or duly authorized representative as determined by a resolution of the Board of Directors of For Our Future Action Fund.