Director of Support Services/Safety Officer
Description: Responsible for physical plant operations and safety management program for the organization including the physical plant of all sites; provides supervision to all support services including Dietary, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Security and Transportation Departments.
Bournewood Health Systems is a behavioral health organization with a main campus in Brookline, MA and various satellite sites in Woburn, Lowell, and Dedham. We are dedicated to providing quality, evidence-based and person-centered treatment for people with mental health and substance use conditions in a safe and respectful environment in partnership with the individuals and families we serve, focusing on support, hope and recovery. We are committed to a philosophy and an environment of care in which we treat people with dignity, respect and mutuality; protect their rights; provide the best care possible; support them in returning to their natural communities; and include patients and families as partners in their treatment. We stand firmly for providing a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff. All Bournewood employees are continuously trained in this philosophy. All candidates must be able and willing to promote the values of trauma-informed and patient-centered care.
- BA/BS in Construction management or 5 years’ experience in management
- 5 years’ experience in building equipment maintenance
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Life Safety Codes and Ability to confirm facility compliance with the Life Safety Code through the management of the Joint Commission’s statement of conditions
- Knowledge of building and equipment maintenance
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Familiarity with state and local building codes
- Ability to read blue prints and floor plans
Openings: 1 full time
Location: Brookline, MA will travel to Dedham, Lowell and Woburn