The Director, Information Technology (IT) of LifeCenter Northwest (LCNW) has direct oversight responsibility for the information technology affairs LCNW and all information technology functions. The Director, IT is responsible for ensuring that appropriate and effective information technology is implemented throughout the organization and that the operation of the department is in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The Director, IT delivers excellent customer service to the workforce, customers, stakeholders and partners. The Director, IT recommends and deploys budget and resources to maximize IT value and impact, with attention to security, streamlining and standardizing business processes, addressing organizational needs, and supporting strategic plans. In addition, the Director, IT serves as a member of the Extended Senior Leadership Team, providing information technology leadership and support to help drive improved outcomes.
- Provides strategic information technology leadership and input on issues affecting the organization now and those anticipated in the future.
- Provides accurate and reliable information to the Leadership Team to support effective business and strategic decision-making to reach technological goals.
- Ensures personal knowledge of the relevant current practices for OPOs, and is knowledgeable regarding innovations, trends and issues that can or will impact the future success of the organization.
- Provides updates on information technology matters to the Governing Board, as requested.
- Participates in LCNW’s annual strategic planning, which helps establish the goals and organizational budget for the Information Technology Department (“Department”).
- Manages departmental strategic plan in support of the organizational strategic plan. This includes deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems; and development, deployment, maintenance, and continual improvement of all in-house developed software applications.
- Develops and manages annual technology budget including hardware, software, cloud services, training and development, internal IT staff contractors and vendors with a focus on selecting ‘best value’ technology to meet the business objectives.
- Provides technical expertise to support and oversee all IT functions including IT infrastructure and DevOps.
- Manages IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintains excellent partnerships and communication with business partners, both within IT and across the organization to ensure synergy among all projects undertaken.
- Works with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Collaborates with the LCNW training manager to plan, coordinate, and execute training and educational programs related to IT.
- Creates and maintains appropriate vendor/consultant relationships.
- Negotiates and engages with vendors, leveraging Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to improve quality and cost-effectiveness of vendor services, while monitoring vendor performance and metrics.
- Monitors success of technology solutions and adjusts technology plans and projects as needed.
- Develops and maintains an extensive understanding of the Microsoft network environment.
- Works closely with the Business Intelligence team to understand emerging technologies and how they would benefit end users.
- Designs and monitors disaster recovery processes and business continuity procedures for re-establishing servers, databases, in-house developed applications, operating systems and data in the event of disruptions, both minor and catastrophic.
- Keeps current with industry and technology trends.
- Actively participates in facilities planning and operations.
Quality and Regulatory Responsibilities
- Maintains and ensures organizational compliance with all IT policies and procedures; creating new policy and procedure documentation when gaps in scope are identified.
- Safeguards the organization through managing the organization’s Security Awareness Training program.
- Performs IT security and compliance investigations as needed.
- This position directly supervises IT leadership and DevOps staff.
- The Director, Information Technology will follow other instructions/directions and will perform other related duties as required by the needs of LifeCenter and the management team.
- Participates in, and may lead, employee committees and events.
- Complies with applicable laws, regulations, and LifeCenter policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Demonstrated success in project management required.
- Expertise in relational and multidimensional database schemas is required.
- Experience with integrated telecommunications environments (PC/cellular) is required.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications including Windows, Exchange, SQL Server and Office.
- Experience with Wide Area Networks, distribution systems, database/reporting and remote support situations preferred.
- Must possess initiative and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Must be able to work effectively with others, some in remote locations
- The ability to function and complete work despite competing priorities.