Here at the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, like Philadelphia, we are unstoppable. The heart of the PHLCVB lies in the soul of this city. The resourcefulness, resilience, and openness that we are built on and building upon drives us forward. There is no challenge we'll meet that we won't rise to, and there is no status quo in these two words. Only momentum.
We are currently searching for a Content Manager to join our team
The Content Manager serves as the content strategist for the Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB), overseeing and developing content for all PHLCVB-owned domestic and international communication channels. Working closely with, and reporting to, the Director of Content, this role is responsible for developing and executing an annual content plan, which combined with the public relations and social media plan, forms the PHLCVB organizational communications plan. The overall content strategy for the PHLCVB promotes Philadelphia as a premier destination for meetings and conventions (B2B) as well as for convention attendees and overseas visitors (B2C). The Content Manager is responsible for developing content that can be used for both B2B and B2C communications strategies and is adept at fine tuning messaging per key audience across all PHLCVB-owned channels. This role maintains an organizational content style guide, ensuring consistency across PHLCVB messaging, tone, and voice. The Content Manager oversees topline social media strategies and manages the Social Media Specialist. This position works closely with all internal PHLCVB departments as well as many external partners that include but are not limited to the Pennsylvania Convention Center, PHLCVB overseas representation offices, hotels, venues, attractions, museums, restaurants and more.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Writing, Editing and Content Development:
- Creates, publishes, and maintains content across all PHLCVB owned communication channels, including DiscoverPHL.com, all social media platforms, and publications like the Official Visitors Guide and Destination Planning Guide.
- Serves as lead editor of the Philadelphia Official Visitors Guide, Destination Planners Guide, and other PHLCVB publications.
- Serves as a liaison to the PHLCVB international representation offices on content needs.
- Maintains evergreen stories and develops new storylines for promoting and positioning Philadelphia among target audiences.
- Executes an organizational content calendar and develops relevant content to be shared with key messaging partners via a central content sharing system.
- Manages, updates, and enforces organizational content style guide.
- Produces strategic content to support the three business development divisions: PHL Life Sciences, PHL Sports, and PHL Diversity.
- Supervises and serves as support to the Social Media Specialist, guiding the content strategy for all owned social media platforms and working with internal and external partners to position Philadelphia as a top destination and inspire travel.
- Manages a network of freelance writers to assign and complete writing projects.
- Assists in the creation of PHLCVB newsletters and external digital communications for key audiences like PHLCVB partners, stakeholders, media, travel trade, etc.
- Attends and covers local events including but not limited to exhibit previews, sporting events, conferences, trade shows and press conferences.
- Works closely with meeting and convention customers to assist with content needs.
- Follows content and tourism industry trends, looking for opportunities to create and use new media/products to reach PHLCVB target audiences.
- Sources, creates, and organizes content for PHLCVB channels and photo library, to be used across PHLCVB social media platforms and website, including original photography, short video, and graphics.
- Provides on-the-ground support, in partnership with other members of the communications team, for visiting media and FAM tours.
Analytics and Measurement:
- Monitors and reports out on website and digital content metrics, providing reports to PHLCVB leadership on top line performance indicators and incorporates performance data into strategic content planning process.
- Reviews monthly social media tracking reports developed by the Social Media Specialist and assists in reporting out to PHLCVB leadership on topline KPIs, incorporating performance data into social media strategy planning.