Under direction of the Director of Practice Support Services, the Sr. Litigation Support Specialist is responsible for the delivery of high-quality support and litigation services to the Firm. Working closely with legal staff to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, the LSS understands software and its functions, identifies, and resolves the internal clients’ needs and issues, follows through on all inquiries, builds and maintains strong working relationships with staff and attorneys, analyzes data for quality control and accuracy, and works in-depth with various technologies to perform research and other functions as needed.
- With the Director of Practice Support Services, participates in practice support technology strategy, implementation, and operations, including all hardware and software systems related to case document databases, ESI processing, indexing, and OCR.
- Determines technology needs of litigators, evaluates possible solutions, and applies technology to meet their needs.
- Manages eDiscovery databases: Sets up, maintains, and administers imaged document and full text databases. Loads new data, images, or deposition transcripts in existing databases.
- Directly develops data quality control, query, and/or report design, and ongoing maintenance of databases directly or indirectly related to document images.
- Serves as a project manager across multiple cases to ensure all tasks are prioritized and deadlines are met appropriately; provides regular project status updates. Meets deliverables and budget expectations of attorneys and clients.
- Manipulates data, develops queries, and reports on existing databases.
- Provides direct training, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and technical support on all systems for systems users throughout firm.
- Maintains accurate records of job intake, requirements, media, and productions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with attorneys, support staff, outside vendors and external clients.
- Informs and updates attorneys, paralegals, and administration in all offices about available departmental practice support technology and services.
- Inputs billable time in LMS+ software in a timely manner and on a regular basis.
- Provides bi-weekly case status updates to Director.
- Performs other projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years litigation technical support/processing experience within a Litigation department of eDiscovery service provider
- Experienced with eDiscovery software, Concordance, Relativity, CS DISCO, or similar legal repository programs
- Can work under tight deadlines, carrying out multiple related activities at once and prioritize appropriately
- Can communicate and work well with internal clients at all levels including senior attorneys; has excellent customer service skills
- Is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and follows instructions with minimal supervision
- Can grasp concepts, perform research, and competently navigate programs
- Experienced in Microsoft Office 365
- Has working knowledge of a variety of eDiscovery tools, running keyword searches/reports, bulk uploads, etc.
- Experienced with eDiscovery data processing