Full-time, Full Benefits. May be required to work weekends and holidays.
All positions require a valid drivers' license and a clean DMV record.
Must have flexibility in their work schedule as overtime may be required.
Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a strong, experienced Aircraft Detailer/Cleaner for our full-Aircraft Cleaning service at Van Nuys Airport (KVNY). If you meet the minimum requirements in this job description and are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
The following shifts are available:
- Day Shift (Monday – Friday)
- Swing Afternoon Shift (Monday – Friday) Qualifies for Shift Differential of $1.50 per hour
- Weekend Shift (Friday – Monday) Qualifies for Shift Differential of $1.50 per hour
- Lead position also available for the Weekend Shift
The Aircraft Detailer/Cleaner is responsible for the efficient execution of the work scope and the maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations performed under the authority of the Clay Lacy FAA Certificated Repair Station and promotes the Clay Lacy Aviation vision, mission and values to create a positive team environment that raises the level of safety, service, and value for our customers and employees.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Effectively works for the Aircraft Cleaning Supervisor to efficiently execute the aircraft Detailing/Cleaning work scope.
- Communicates effectively with Supervisor and Co-Workers as required.
- Promotes an environment that provides the team with opportunities to succeed.
- Works with other aircraft cleaning Detailer/Cleaners to perform the tasks required by the work scope and performs to plan.
- Works on the daily activities to ensure maximum efficiency and take necessary action to ensure that all work is completed within schedule and estimated labor and material costs.
- Ensures understanding of the assigned tasks and ensures the use of applicable technical data.
- Assists the Supervisor in identifying additional technical training needs.
- Ensures that aircraft maintenance paperwork and forms are completed in accordance with methods of execution outlined in Clay Lacy Repair Station Manual.
- Able to provide a comprehensive shift turn over to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Delivers on aircraft downtime and schedule to ensure timely delivery of a quality product.
- Ensures that crews maintain good housekeeping practices, takes immediate action to maintain a clean safe environment.
- Works closely with Supervisor to deliver on adequate safety precautions and procedures, inspect equipment to ensure it meets company safety and OSHA standards.
- Delivers on continuous safety programs in their area of responsibility, including operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, housekeeping, and hazardous materials.
- Supports the Clay Lacy Vision, Mission, and Values statement through the achievement of department goals and objectives that contribute to process improvement and the development of strategies that improve customer service and the maintenance process.
- Observes and administers company rules and regulations and safety policy and standard operating procedures.
- Aircraft Detailing/Cleaning and additional duties:
- Full Exterior & Interiors detailed cleaning/wipe down
- Interior deep cleaning
- Carpet cleaning & shampoo
- Bright work
- Protect, prepare, clean aircraft interior/exterior before and after to MX events
- Support aircraft movements (Wing walkers)
- Hangar organization and cleaning (Under 6S initiatives)
- Upkeep and storing of aircraft cleaning equipment
- Ordering and storing cleaning consumables (i.e. rags, & chemicals)
- May include other duties as required