We are immediately hiring for our Manufacturing Associate Team in our Pittsburg, CA plant to efficiently prepare, cook, batch and package healthy meals for our customers, operating as a productive and contributing member of our operations team. We focus on the proper order of operations, people safety, food safety and govern our actions by Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure we operate safely and efficiently at all times.
- Prepare meals accurately and consistently utilizing recipes using whole foods that are prepared, cooked, and batched in our manufacturing facility
- Pack boxes; load and unload trucks and freezers; utilize light equipment for meal processing; quality control steps and documentation.
- Transition prepared meals from the commercial kitchen facility to placing them in appropriate packaging and bundling them for our customers in a refrigerated packing room.
- Pack customer orders. Ensure boxes are packed neatly and accurately. Handle dry ice, rolling carts, and tape guns to pack and seal boxes in a presentable manner to ensure product quality. Build and move pallets of boxes.
- Operate packaging processing equipment including banders, smashers, and metal detectors. Run daily equipment checks to prevent human injury, equipment damage, and downtime.
- Participate in inventory cycle counts. Thoroughly count and document product volume.
- Perform quality checks and counts.
- Responsible for helping to maintain a clean and organized production area.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase performance.
- Assist with training and welcoming new team members.
- Adhere to work rules, GMPs, Safety processes, procedures and rules as well as; comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Solid, stable work history
- Experience in a manufacturing or production work
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position requiring heavy lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 500lbs on pallet jacks, carrying tools and supplies, kneeling, stooping, climbing, and standing on feet for up to 6 hours continuously.
- Able to work as a member of a team, communicating clearly with others, raising concerns, talking through ideas, and honoring final decisions.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures ranging from 34 degrees to 100 degrees
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Authorized to work in the United States.