The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for HVAC planning, designing, engineering and project estimates. This individual will be directly involved in maintaining and growing client relationships as a mechanical engineering expert. The Mechanical Engineer will be involved in energy analysis, sustainable design, existing system condition assessment and construction administration activities. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects from beginning to end, such as Design Basis through specifications and submittals.
- Clearly communicate project objectives, problems, solutions and scope changes with clients, internal teams and onsite contractors.
- Convey ideas and alternative solutions in a collaborative team setting.
- Work closely with customers, partners and colleagues to achieve deadlines while delivering a quality product.
- Apply knowledge and experience with building codes, regulations and requirements, building materials, construction methods, and procedures for all projects to manage the proper sequencing of construction documents.
- Manages information flow and looks for ways to improve processes.
- Pride in the craft; desire to stay current on trends and technological advances.
- Contribute to junior team member skill advancements via coaching and/or mentoring.
- Ability to direct drafting to support your mechanical design.
The Fine Print
- Professional Engineer Mechanical license with a minimum of 10 years experience and the ability to procure registration in multiple U.S. states.
- Experience with ventilation calculations, building heating and cooling load calculations, airside, hydronic, and steam HVAC systems design and their associated controls schemes.
- Able to organize and prioritize personal workload in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Able to work well in a team/collaborative setting, make sound decisions and drive action cross-functionally.
- Able and willing to stamp/seal self-produced documents.
- Comfortable making independent decisions with general guidelines; able to work with modest supervision and guidance.
- Demonstrated exceptional planning, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to apply logical steps to problem-solving.
- Possess a professional demeanor while interacting with clients, partners, and team members.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills; skilled with making presentations to clients.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), specialized HVAC engineering software (e.g., Trace 700); Revit experience is preferred.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Adaptability
- Able to move around construction sites in various stages of development from excavation to completion and beyond.
- Work is performed in an office setting and the field; job site monitoring may be performed in various weather conditions.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Activities may be necessary outside of the typical office hours depending on workload, schedules and client geographical location.