Required Education and Experience
- High School or GED required. A Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Experience as an Employment Specialist, Job Developer, Business service Representative.
- Lived experience a plus.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Knowledge of the complex barriers surrounding women’s homelessness and unemployment.
- Experience working with issues of homelessness, trauma, and mental health preferred.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and ability to build relationships with women, coworkers, and community partners from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, implement plans, and meet deadlines.
- Active listening and problem-solving skills, a solution-oriented attitude, and good judgment.
- Experience serving as a mentor or program counselor.
- Knowledge of culturally responsible interventions.
- Cultural humility
- Must be a CA resident and live at least 75 miles from the office and must be available for in-person meetings at the DWC offices.
- Must provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test result from the last seven days, on first day of hire.
- Must provide documentation of a negative TB test result within the last twelve months, on first day of hire.
- You will be required to have received at least the first dose of COVID-19 vaccination to start employment with DWC, and second dose must be received within 30 days from the first day of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Downtown Women’s Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin and ancestry, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status or medical condition. In addition to federal law requirements, Downtown Women’s Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.