Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the ‘human’ in human capital.
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities. We pride ourselves with being a large company with a small company feel as we prioritize Employee Health and Wellness, consistent supervisor engagement and ongoing communication across the business.
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
Smalley is currently hiring a Forklift Operator! This position is responsible for operating industrial trucks to pick/put away materials and inventory, according to company and customer requirements, ensuring quality standards are consistently met, using safe practices and producing at the appropriate rate for the job.
- Operates industrial trucks including sit-down and reach, to pick/put away materials and inventory as required by company specifications and requirements
- Moves materials to and from storage areas, machines, and loading/receiving docks safely
- Practices safe driving requirements
- Loads/unloads materials from trucks as needed
- Identifies and reports all products that fail to meet appropriate specifications/rejected products to Supervisor
- Participates in cross departmental work production based on business needs