Working knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Gymnastics, Tumbling, Cheerleading and Dance. Willingness to learn additional areas in the Gymnastics Department. Demonstrated ability to teach the development of skills and proper techniques in area of specialty. Ability to lift equipment and to spot children. Ability to motivate and effectively communicate with members, parents and students. Exercises mature judgment and sound decision-making. Requires current CPR and First Aid certification.
Teaches a variety of classes in the Gymnastics Department in a positive, safe, educational and fun environment. Positively communicates information on YMCA programs.
- Instructs class lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines.
- Assists with preparation of lesson plans and routines for classes.
- Develops positive relationships with participants, and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Encourages member and parent involvement.
- Conveys information about Gymnastics Department programs and schedules to the public.
- Follows all YMCA emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Participates in staff meetings, trainings, events, reviews and meets as scheduled.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Maintains Gymnastics office and class records in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Trains and supervises new instructors as assigned.
- Upholds all YMCA policies, procedures, standards and code of conduct.
- Fulfills any functions designated by the Gymnastics Director for the betterment of the program and the ability of the Wichita Falls YMCA to meet its mission.
- Adheres to association and position training requirements.
- Actively participates in membership growth.
- Participates in annual fundraising.
- Work various hours and locations to meet association needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Minimum age 16 years old (if 16 will under supervision at all times).
- Working knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Gymnastics, Tumbling, Cheerleading and Dance.
- Willingness to learn additional areas in the Gymnastics Department.
- Demonstrated ability to teach the development of skills and proper techniques in area of specialty.
- Ability to lift equipment and to spot children.
- Ability to motivate and effectively communicate with members, parents and students.
- Exercises mature judgment and sound decision-making.
- CPR/AED and First Aid required within 60 days of employment.
- Adhere to association and position training requirements.
- May work at any location and adjust your schedule as to the needs of the association.
YMCA COMPETENCIES ( Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values, ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives, provides staff and volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition, cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives, builds relationships to create small communities, empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience; provides staff and volunteers with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions, conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities, develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team, effectively creates and manages budgets, holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights, facilitates change, models adaptability along with an awareness of the impact of change on others, utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance, has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well, uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.