High school diploma and 3-5 years of customer service experience required.
Minimum 3-5 years FBO experience preferred. Aviation experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be available to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to direct a team of employees.
- Team-oriented dedication to great customer service and the ability to inspire that commitment in others.
- Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation -- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness -- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by legendary aviator and industry pioneer Clay Lacy. Today, Clay Lacy Aviation is considered the world’s most experienced operator of private jets. Prominent individuals and leading corporations trust Clay Lacy for aircraft management, charter, sales, acquisitions, maintenance, avionics, interiors, and FBO services. The company has aircraft operations and regional offices across the U.S., including fixed-base operations and part 145 repair stations at Van Nuys Airport in Los Angeles and Seattle’s Boeing Field. With the most knowledgeable team in the industry, Clay Lacy delivers superior safety, service, and value to aircraft owners and jet travelers worldwide. Visit www.claylacy.com