Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Certified as a Substance Use Disorder (SUD) counselor with a California certificate agency such as CAADE, CCAPP, or CADTP
- Minimum two (2) years experience working with persons who use crystal methamphetamine.
- Minimum two (2) years SUD counseling experience.
- Training and/or experience working in HIV prevention and health education/health promotion.
- Versed in counseling protocols and techniques associated with the facilitation of substance use interventions.
- Motivational interviewing
- Data management
- Twelve-step programs and principles.
- Health disparities spectrum of HIV and STD disease
- Harm reduction and behavior modification theories
- Health and social concerns of gay and non-gay identified MSM
- Respect client boundaries and maintain professionalism in dress, speech and actions.
- Coordinate multiple tasks.
- Enforce program policies and procedures in a fair and firm manner.
- React calmly and effectively in client crisis situations.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse population.
- Conduct group presentations, operate standard office equipment including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and meet assigned deadlines.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California drivers license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes. COVID-19 Vaccination or Medical/ Religious Exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.