Under the direction of the Lead Teacher, assists in the daily management and supervision of the classroom and children. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Assists in implementing curriculum activities and lesson plans. Follows program schedule for the classroom, outdoor time, meals, snacks and special activities.
- Uses positive guidance techniques consistent with state licensing regulations; counsels children when social, academic or adjustment problems arise.
- Keeps accurate and current records of each child’s developmental milestones, student accidents, anecdotal notes, and attendance.
- Under the direction of the lead teacher, helps to establish developmentally appropriate room arrangement, décor, and learning environment in the classroom, consistent with the program’s philosophy and goals.
- Has working knowledge of Texas Minimum Standards as they pertain to center operations.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities.
- Observes, records, and reports to lead teacher any needed repairs to the building, play area, equipment or toys throughout the facility. Ensures that children are not exposed to equipment or situations that could affect their health and safety.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Accepts temporary work assignments or schedules in the event regularly scheduled staff is not available, such as taking responsibility of the classroom in the event of lead teacher absence, answering the phones, cooking, assisting in management of program to fit the needs of the association and as assigned by manager.
- May work at any location and adjust your schedule as to the needs of the association.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Must meet or exceed state licensing requirements for age (18), education, and experience.
- Must submit to and and expect to pass a licensing finger print check.
- Must maintain a current CPR/AED/First Aid certificate, as well as maintain a current Food Handler’s certificate.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental or licensed childcare setting preferred.
- Ability to implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with children, parents and staff.
- Must maintain 30 hours of professional development each year.
- Within 30 days of hire completion of: YMCA Child Abuse Prevention and Risk Management training; CPR; First Aid; AED; Food Handlers Certification and Bloodborne Pathogens. Adhere to association and position training requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Experience and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities. Must be able to repeatedly bend, stoop, run and to lift and carry children.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness
to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.