Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Ability to display commitment to eradicating poverty in Los Angeles, especially as it relates to women.
- Understanding of and appreciation for the unique service model and practices that DWC has evolved over its 35+ years of operation.
- Familiarity with or desire to work in homelessness or human services required
- Experience or desire to work in a fast-growing nonprofit
- Coursework or experience in statistical analysis and/or Management Information Systems ideal (such as Excel)
- Strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of the complexity of poverty and women’s homelessness, domestic violence, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, health issues, and older adults
- Develops proficiency in administering assessments, surveys and interviews, as assigned.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; extremely motivated and results-oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Confident use of statistical packages (e.g. Excel, Access, Google Sheets, relational databases/related software) for analyzing datasets and designing databases & spreadsheets
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Experience with community organization and/or needs assessments.
- Experience with data analysis, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintain confidentiality with tact.
- Ability to work well unsupervised.
- Cultural humility
- Must be a CA resident and live at least 75 miles from the office and must be available for in-person meetings at the DWC offices.
- Must provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test result from the last seven days, on first day of hire.
- Must provide documentation of a negative TB test result within the last twelve months, on first day of hire.
- You will be required to have received at least the first dose of COVID-19 vaccination to start employment with DWC, and second dose must be received within 30 days from the first day of hire.
- Experience working directly with participants experiencing homelessness: 1 year (preferred)
- Data analysis and visualization programs (such as Excel): 2 years (Preferred)
- Community Organizing and/or Outreach efforts: 1 year (Preferred)
- Working with Non-Profit organizations: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Secondary language (Preferred)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
Relevant experience and skills to perform job duties.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Public Health, Social Work, or Social Science or related field preferred.
Downtown Women’s Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is essential to our organization’s effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful, responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status, medical condition, geography, socio-economic status, and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Downtown Women’s Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.