Circle the City Overview:
Circle the City (CTC) is a nonprofit community health organization with a mission to “create and deliver innovative healthcare solutions that compassionately address the needs of men, women and children facing homelessness.” CTC’s system of homeless-specialty healthcare is one-of-a-kind in Arizona and is one of few similar models in the nation. Nearly 10,000 men, women and children experiencing varying degrees of homelessness will receive care in one of CTC’s many sites located throughout the greater Phoenix area
Summary of Position:
A professional nurse who has both administrative and clinical responsibilities for the daily operation of the Circle the City medical respite centers, outpatient clinics, and other sites of service. Responsibilities include planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating the delivery of patient care within established regulatory guidelines and professional nursing practice standards. This is done through management of fiscal, human and other resources; professional collaborative relationships.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee and monitor clinical operations, including direct care and nursing case management activities.
- Develop policies and procedures for clinical operations in conjunction with Medical Directors.
- Develops and sustains the environment that supports excellence in clinical practice through planning and implementing programs that contribute to a positive patient outcome. Holds staff accountable for implementing standards of care, practice and performance.
- Evaluates the adherence to and effectiveness of interdisciplinary clinical standard and programs through the establishment of quality improvement activities.
- Serves as a consultant on clinical matters related to area of expertise and participates in care as needed.
- Completes 90 day, annual evaluations and competencies for nursing staff and medical assistants.
- Evaluate and document staff performance and address issues in a timely, objective and constructive manner.
- Participates and contributes to being survey ready. This includes employee quarterly (Relias trainings) competencies, checklists and annual requirements.
- Develop and maintain Nursing metrics- Trends related to these metrics and documentation related to narcotic tracking.
- Medications errors-Number and Trends
- Falls-Number and Trends
- Narcotic tracking and documentation compliance-Provide audit process and documentation
- Present nursing instruction module presentation at New Employee Orientation.
- Manages to budget and monitors variances. Take action to correct variances.
- Manage timecards for accuracy and compliance.
- Interviews, hires, supervises and evaluates staff according to established personnel policies and procedures of Circle the City.
- Create and maintain a “pool” of nurses to provide coverage for call offs and PTO.
- Provides monthly staff meetings for all nurses.
- Conduct one on one meetings with staff on a monthly basis.
- Provides oversight to management of clinical and staff schedules.
- Serves as a resource/mentor to staff regarding professional development, encouraging continuing education, and individual learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs, at the discretion of the Chief Operating Officer.
- Work with senior leadership on various projects, as needed.