This position will supervise and care for children at in-house child watch while parents/guardians are using the facility. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Supervise children while members are using child watch service.
- Provide a clean, safe, and positive atmosphere for all children.
- Maintain open communications with all parents.
- Maintain daily attendance records.
- Maintain materials and supplies; inform a supervisor needs.
- Provide opportunities for children to use the playground and other activity areas as available.
- Maintain order and discipline as necessary.
- Promote and express positive and welcoming relations to all patrons and members.
- Fill out accident reports on all accidents.
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- May work at any location and adjust your schedule as to the needs of the association.
- Adhere to association and position training requirements.
- Minimum age of 16 (if 16 will work under supervision at all times)
- Previous experience working with children preferred.
- Certifications required within 60 days of hire: CPR, First Aid, AED.
- Desire and ability to work with children.
- Must be mentally alert and physically able to care for children from infants through 10 years of age.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.