- Comprehensive knowledge of ski area and lift operations, ski lift terminology.
- Specific knowledge of fixed-grip and detachable ski lift equipment and operational procedures including PLC-type controls.
- Broad knowledge of mechanical, brake, low and high-voltage electrical, and hydraulic systems and their operation. Ability to troubleshoot and train staff to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems on Doppelmayr, Poma, and Magic Carpet equipment.
- Strong understanding of best maintenance practices for ski lifts.
- Alertness, precision, ingenuity, memory, concentration, judgment, aesthetic sense, reasoning, initiative, patience, visual discrimination, problem solving, analytic ability, persuasiveness, auditory, tactile and olfactory discrimination, imagination, oral and written communication skills are necessary abilities.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have valid driver's license
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Ability to define each major component of a lift and its purpose
- Ability to communicate effectively, including communicating on the mountain radio.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- High School graduation or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work well with others while maintaining a positive attitude, sometimes during high stress
- Able to work outside for extended periods of time in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work at heights in all weather conditions
20% of the workday is spent indoors: 80% of the workday is spent outdoors in constantly changing weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme cold and heat, snow, wet, thunder and lightning storms. 60% of the day is spent walking, 35% of the day is spent standing and 5% is spent sitting.
Frequently lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance and pushing and pulling objects weighing up to 250 pounds with assistance. Constantly using and monitoring controls that operate lifts and using heavy tools. Constantly climbing heights up to 65 feet, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering and feeling. Constantly engage in normal conversation. Constantly listening to machinery sounds and smelling for gases and odors, using near and far acuity, depth perception, color and field of vision.
Blue Mountain Resort’s mission is to give our guests and employees a wonderful experience that lasts a lifetime and keeps them coming back. We are committed to our mission not only for our guests but for our employees as well.
Blue Mountain Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Review Date: 9/2019