Required Education and Experience
- B.A. in a social service related field preferred.
- Master level education in a mental health field (Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology) strongly preferred.
- Clinical licensure and two years post licensure, with the ability to sign Board of Behavioral Sciences hours preferred.
- Supervisory experience required
- Program, contract and budget management preferred
- Experience with government contracts preferred
- Experience working with homeless women, mental health, substance use, domestic violence, veterans, or frequent utilizers of hospital services preferred
- Experience with housing subsidy programs preferred
- Experience with HMIS data entry and quality assurance reports preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred but not required
- Lived expertise a plus
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of the complexity of poverty and understanding of issues related to women’s homelessness
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Downtown Women’s Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is essential to our organization’s effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful, responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status, medical condition, geography, socio-economic status, and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Downtown Women’s Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.