At a glance:
This senior-level creative position will create and manage smart, well-crafted integrated direct response creative across all channels designed to produce business success for our client. You'll come to work every day bringing your passion for the evolving world of Direct-To-Consumer (Performance) advertising.
Link to portfolio must accompany all applications. Remote candidates welcome, but must be available to consistently collaborate with team members working on Pacific Time. Must be able to travel.
What does an Associate Creative Director/Art do at Rain the Growth Agency?
- Utilize expertise in advertising to simultaneously build brands and produce sales.
- Lead, learn and leverage our proven approach to advertising called Transactional Brand Building. With this unique methodology, you'll collaborate with team members of different disciplines to deliver on our clients' sales and branding goals simultaneously.
- Manage multiple projects and design rounds at a time throughout the year
- Absorb and translate brand guidelines into hard-working creative deliverables
- Achieve a high standard for creative work in messaging, aesthetics, and effectiveness set by creative leads.
- Build relationships.
- Collaborate with our other departments, including Brand Strategy, Client Services, Production, Media, and Analytics.
- Establish and build trusting relationships with key client stakeholders. Human to human, over the phone, over zoom calls and occasionally in person.
- Develop productive partnerships with illustrators, developers, photographers, animators, and other valuable contributors to best-in-class work.
- Mentor, teach, coach, and inspire colleagues and freelancers while managing complex projects.
- Drive DTC assignments (e.g., Print, OOH, Digital, TV, Video) from initial strategy through concepting, art direction, copywriting, design, development, shoots; you'll be a major influence on each stage of development and overseeing production, file releases, and delivery.
- Review, direct and provide feedback on work from art directors and copywriters
- Lead brainstorms and shepherd great ideas from spark to fully-designed solutions
- Manage timelines for multiple projects simultaneously to ensure all projects are delivered on time and client expectations are set appropriately
- Maintain positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Look to the future.
- Keep up with industry shifts and cultural trends.
- Be the expert in the growing field of Direct-To-Consumer (Performance) advertising.
- Champion the integration of pre-market testing tools to explore new creative formats and idea
What makes a great Associate Creative Director/Art at our agency?
- Strong portfolio in designing for both print (direct mail) and digital (email, landing pages, social ads, display, etc.) channels
- Proven ability to write and speak well about strategic-focused concepts and integrated campaigns to deliver direct mail that cuts through the noise.
- Exceptional design and strategic skills.
- Ability to lead projects, teams, and coach/mentor others, start to finish.
- Experience instilling trust and confidence within the agency and with existing clients and prospects.
- Effectively apply direct marketing best practices and principles to drive response and conversion
- In a flexible-first work environment, self-motivation and accountability are essential.
- Full understanding of all color modes (CMYK, RGB, SPOT etc.)
- Strong experience in print production: file set-up, pre-flighting, pre-press.
- 8+ years experience of direct marketing experience ideally having worked on Healthcare, Financial, Telecommunications accounts.
- 3+ years creative management experience. A great track record with an ad agency or a major brands in-house creative department.
- Skilled in the following software: Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premier, Acrobat), Sketch, Figma
- Portfolio school and/or undergraduate degree.
- Appreciation of our Core Values
Why work at Rain the Growth Agency?
- We are a national leader in DTC marketing, and an award-winning fully integrated creative and media agency specializing in both linear and digital channels.
- We represent many successful companies such as: Headspace, Shopify, Athletic Greens, Mercari, Adore Me, Humana and Consumer Cellular.
- We believe in Transactional Brand Building. Meaning, we deliver on our clients' brand and sales objectives at the same time, often with the same work and the same media plan. This proprietary Rain the Growth Agency philosophy has helped build many iconic brands such as Peloton, Wayfair, Humana and Chewy.
- There are about 260 of us all over the U.S. so were big enough to have all the bells and whistles, but small enough to have a warm welcoming culture where everyone's voice is heard.
- We are collaborative. We care about, appreciate, and respect each other, value diversity and treat our staff very well.
- We proudly invest in our employees, technology, and tools to ensure the best possible work environment.
- We like to have fun! There is always an opportunity to join in group activities, book clubs, contests, parties, and events.
- Transparency is valued. Everyone in the company knows how we are doing and where we are going. We encourage open communication and reward success with performance-based bonuses.
- We are built for stability. We have been in business for more than 20 years and invest in keeping and enhancing key talent. Our average tenure is nearly 3x that of most of our competitors.
- We are selective with our clients though we have a large and diverse roster, we only take on organizations that we believe can scale because our motivation is our clients winning, not just revenue.
- All the above because we are privately held. We make big decisions quickly and answer only to our clients and to each other.