- Strong knowledge of contemporary art, culture and performance
- Excellent organization and proven ability to work collaboratively with a small team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A developed sense of timeliness and planning
- Ability to work weekends and evenings is required
- Possession of a Bachelors degree in studio art, arts administration, socialor art history; Masters degree or other specialized training preferred.
Hourly Rate: $28.21
Position covered by MOCA/AFSCME Collective Bargaining Unit Agreement: NO
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do thefollowing: sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions;climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision,color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspectwork. Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment is required. Heavyusage of computers and phones required.
The Museum of Contemporary Art is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the Museum of Contemporary Arts commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Research shows that women and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply tojobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that anapplicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this jobdescription describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role.