A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND BANK
Join our team! 1st Security Bank team members deliver service that "WOWs" each other and our customers. We value relationships, teamwork, community, and professional growth in a safe, friendly, and progressive workplace. We celebrate diversity and support equality for all. If you share these core values and are committed to career excellence, let us help you reach your dreams!
If you are the type of individual that would enjoy working at one of the Puget Sound's Best Places to Work for 7 years in a row and focuses on providing an exceptional client experience, then 1st Security Bank is the place for you. 1st Security Bank was named a bronze medal winner in its class in the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Workplaces contest in its first year nominated and also consistently rated a 5 star Bank in Washington State by Bauer Financial, an independent bank rating firm.
Responsible for reviewing and paying invoices,; validating and maintaining vendor information; processing W-9’s and annual 1099 filings; identifying fixed asset and prepaid transactions; making accrual entries for outstanding invoices on month-end, and monthly reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Reviews source documents, such as invoices and cash disbursements, for completeness, accuracy, and approvals.
- Reviews and codes invoices in Prologue (accounts payable and general ledger platform) according to company policies and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Reviews and audits employees’ electronic expense reports through Certify for payment.
- Prepares a monthly file for payroll to process employee reimbursements.
- Prepares and processes weekly check runs (checks and ACH) and prints registers for review and signatures.
- Mails checks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Validates, adds and updates new vendors in TIN Check and Prologue.
- Manages and verifies all employee reimbursements ensuring their compliance with company policies.
- Accrues missing monthly recurring expenses and researches any unusual expense variances.
- Prepares, reviews, and electronically submits MISC 1099 information to the IRS annually.
- Responsible for all internal (employees) and external customers (vendors, government agencies, etc.) in resolving their accounts payable problems via email, phone or direct communications.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Provides assistance in the monthly close process.
- Prepares annual audit, tax, and SOX materials and reports.
- Regularly maintains all desktop procedures and SOX narratives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR
Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual or family plan.
Long- and short-term disability insurance.
401K matching program.
Paid sick and vacation time.
OUR CORE VALUES
Relationship Driven - we strive to "WOW" (surprise, excite and delight) each other and our customers.
Ethical - fair, honest and act with integrity.
Lead by Example - maintain a positive attitude, show respect for others, and have some fun!
Accountable - we take our responsibilities seriously and we meet our commitments with urgency.
Team Player - dependable, enthusiastic contributor to team success and to the greater good of the bank.
Embrace Dreams - we encourage each other to reach for our dreams.
Diversity - we celebrate diversity and support equality for all.
Community Oriented - we actively support our communities and the Bank's CRA initiatives.
Open and Honest Communication - always professional, responsive, and timely.