COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should possess strong organizational skills, have excellent listening, communication and planning skills, exercise sound judgment and decision making, have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, be detail oriented and have the ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced work environment. Must react well under pressure and maintain strict confidentiality and possess strong customer service skills. Working knowledge of relevant state and federal laws including FERPA, ADA, Title IX, VAWA, etc. is strongly preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Listed below are the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position, as well as the Physical Demands and Work Environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Human Resources, Higher Education, or a related field. Prefer previous experience in study abroad, career services, or other student service areas at the college/university level.
- Knowledge of higher education processes, policies, protocols and procedures.
- Understanding and ability to work within the mission and values of the University.
- Ability to focus on priorities, strategies, and vision.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- A commitment to professional development.
- Experience in working within a highly collaborative manner in order to achieve results that are significant in scope; this includes the ability to multi-task with demanding time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, reason, synthesize and generalize based on information obtained.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and the ability to change as needed.
- Commitment and a well-developed understanding and appreciation for diversity, including appreciation for cultural, ethnic, racial, sexual orientation, religious, and individual differences, and commitment to cultivating a positive campus environment for all.
Computer skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general working knowledge of computers including word processing and spreadsheets.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations: Required as appropriate to degree possessed.
Other Qualifications: Must be able to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Logan University strives to be an educational leader that is authentic, intentional and strategic about diversity, fairness and the development of an inclusive campus community. We acknowledge and respect the differences in human experience that shapes and enriches education, healthcare, society and our institution.
It is our expectation that all employees support the mission and vision of the university, and carry out their professional duty aligned with Logan University Values: Diversity, Empathy, Student First, Positive Attitude, Evidence Informed, Character and Teamwork.
Logan University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All Logan employees are expected to complete annual compliance training by assigned deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds in order to move supplies, reach for files, and lift light boxes when sending information and materials, or in preparation for special events. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment in this position is characteristic of a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. An employee is expected to assist and provide coverage for coworkers during peak periods, vacation days, or sick days.