Required Knowledge of:
- Count department policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Standard office equipment and computer applications.
- Customer service standards and protocol.
- Gaming regulations applicable to drop activities
Required Skill in:
- Maintaining compliance with count policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Safely operating and maintaining departmental equipment.
- Providing customer service to Casino guests.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and three (3) months work experience, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- High security gaming license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in a gaming environment with frequent exposure to tobacco smoke, noise, dust from currency, and general hazards associated with equipment operation.
- Work is subject to frequent standing and walking, intermittent bending, reaching, kneeling, crouching, occasional lifting up to 75 pounds individually, pushing up to 500 pounds in a team of two or more people, and repetitive key turning up 500 to 1000 times a shift.
- Must be able to work in enclosed areas for extended periods of time.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, standard office equipment, currency and coin counting equipment, vacuums, and motorized tugs.
The above statements are intended to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by this position and the employee acknowledges receipt of the job description.