POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK – Hours will vary and include evenings and weekends. Hours will be scheduled according to the needs of the program, up to 40 hours per week.
QUALIFICATIONS - High School Diploma required and 1-3 years’ experience preferred; Associate’s Degree and one year experience preferred.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE – Authorized to work in the United States and pass all background clearances.
SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE - Responsible for maintaining all required documentation according to the terms of the contract. Responsible for all intake and referral procedures to include screening and assessment. Provide internal quality control. Provide oversight of DSS Occupational Trainer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS –
- Assist in the coordination of services with the DSS representative including referrals, services provided, participant progress, and contract objectives.
- Conduct or coordinate participant intake services and prepare all associate records.
- Design classroom activities and ensure activities are in accordance with the TANF statutory work activities.
- Ensure all documentation is provided for the case files and tracking of services.
- Maintain documentation to support quarterly and monthly billing.
- Complete monthly progress notes.
- Responsible for scheduling work activities at training sites, and work in conjunction with other Career Connections staff as necessary.
- Ensure employer and participant satisfaction at training sites.
- Interact with the Coordinator of Community Based Employment to ensure individual plans are developed and implemented to address the needs of the individual.
- Maintain daily contact with DSS as needed.
- Provide Occupational Trainer duties when needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Coordinator of Community Based Employment.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required in-services.
- Adhere to all Agency policies and procedures.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY – None.
TRAVEL – Limited to within county assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; lift; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work may require lifting, pushing, or pulling in excess of 30 pounds.
OTHER DUTIES – This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Arc Jefferson - St. Lawrence NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disabled/veteran.