Training and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. Proficient use of Microsoft Office and electronic health records. Bilingual in Spanish/ English preferred.
- Basic medical terminology and patient care methods and techniques.
- Methods and standard procedures for the maintenance of medical records.
- Safety policies and safe practices applicable to the work.
- Effective communication skills; general computer knowledge.
- Communicate effectively with people of various educational, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions from physicians, mid-level providers and nurses and apply departmental policies, procedures and protocols applicable to work.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Operate a computer and standard business software.
- Maintain highly confidential personal and medical information in accordance to HIPAA regulations.
- Exercise tact, objectivity, sensitivity and sound judgment in dealing with a variety of people in a variety of sensitive situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members, patients and others encountered in the course of work.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
COVID vaccination is required and APLA Health will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.