Reports to: Dir. of Athletics &Transportation Manager
Rate of Pay: $28-$30/hour DOE
UPrep is seeking team players to join our transportation staff as part-time school bus drivers and have positions available for those both with and without a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). We are looking for drivers who can work effectively independently and who has good communication skills. We are looking for staff and faculty who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.
Who We Are:
UPrep is a 6-12 independent school in northeast Seattle, WA, one of the country’s most dynamic cities. We offer an intellectually rich education that fosters deep inquiry and critical thinking that is powered by student engagement. Our students graduate prepared for college and life. UPrep is a strong and vibrant community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni that joins together to support our students in becoming caring and productive adults. UPrep is a place where all students and families have equitable access to all the school has to offer, and we aspire for all community members to feel like they belong. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are embodied in all facets of our school culture. We believe that our shared values of integrity, respect, and responsibility are essential to accomplish our mission to develop each student’s potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
Under general supervision, and on a part-time basis, drives a School bus for field trips and after school athletic events on prescribed routes as assigned by the Transportation Manager. Hours will vary with School schedule and sports seasons, and will include some evenings and weekends. There will be an assigned supervisor on each bus trip to monitor students.
- Drives a bus to and from field trips, which take place during school hours as assigned
- Drives a bus to and from after school athletic events and practices, as assigned
- Follows established safety procedures
- Performs a pre-trip safety/damage inspection of bus before each drive
- Monitors operating conditions of bus and reports needed servicing and/or repairs to Transportation Manager
- Keeps bus interior clean by sweeping and removing trash daily
- Attends training programs, testing programs, first aid courses, refresher courses and other meeting as scheduled
- Complies with state laws, rules and regulations and school policies relative to student transportation
- Conducts oneself in the best interest of students and in support of the school’s mission statement.
- Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
- Performs other duties as assigned