The Panel Operator will work closely with the Shift Supervisor/Coordinator to instruct and direct Field Operators in the performance of routine and non-routine tasks according to the instruction. All field operators will receive day to day direction and provide feedback directly to the Panel Operator depending on the area of assignment.
- Interface with engineers inside and outside of Midrex main office to accomplish the assigned project.
- Assist with the development of training programs for client operations personnel. This includes preparation of training manuals, aids, and lesson plans for the program.
- Assist with the preparation of operating instructions, maintenance manuals, commissioning procedures, and other operating literature.
- Participate in conducting training programs by assisting in on-the-job training as well as formal classroom lectures on plant systems.
- Perform pre-operations activities, such as checking and testing the electrical, mechanical, and instrumentation systems prior to startup of a new plant.
- Participate in the initial phase of operations during the startup of a new plant.
- Travel on business trips and/or field assignments as required to carry out assigned tasks.
- Provide assistance to mechanical, electrical, and/or process departments during design phase, as required.
- Work as a team player with company departments and teammates on multiple assignments. Work toward building consensus on all assignments by finding solutions which meet the best interest of all parties.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Products including Word and Excel.
- Previous experience working with a team.
- Ability to direct people.
- Must be willing to work overtime as business needs require.
- Ability to work different shifts when required.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve with creative thinking.
- Previous experience in production operations such as steel production, blast furnaces, etc. - or chemical plant operations.
- Experience in training others.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Technical knowledge (preferably in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering).
- Up to 90% International and Domestic travel, often in a continuous period of up to six (6) continuous months or longer.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Physical ability to move around plant sites and climb ladders and stairs.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Midrex is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Midrex will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the People and Culture department.