The Shift Lead, working as part of the Aquatics Team, will deliver professional customer service and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment at the JCC. The Shift Lead will be responsible for assisting the Aquatic Director and/or Coordinator with daily operations of the aquatic department along with guarding the pool and assuring a safe and clean aquatic environment for members and guests.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform pump room checks and notify Aquatics Director of any issues.
- Perform chemical checks as indicated.
- Be a good role model for other guards
- Be the primary contact for any member concerns, communicate concerns to your supervisor in case follow up is needed.
- Be available for members at all times; work closely and communicate effectively with Aquatic Director.
- Assist with supervision of guards.
- Ensure all staff report to work when scheduled and are on time. Report all schedule changes.
- Assist staff with secondary duties
- Help Aquatics Director organize and deal with the day to day programming and happenings at the pool
- Assist Aquatics director with in-services
- Ensure and enforce cleaning duties and schedules are adhered to in a timely manner
- Perform other tasks and duties as business and management dictates.
- Fitness Center/Community Center environment
- Work involves exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to work safely both in and out of pool
- Ability to lift a minimum of 45 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, properly demonstrate use of exercise equipment