Direct Service Providers deliver Habilitation and/or Respite services to eligible HOPE Group clients who have Autism, Developmental Disabilities, and/or other related disorders. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide short term relief services to parents/guardians while maintaining the safety and well-being of the individual receiving services. Direct Service Providers may be responsible for the direct implementation of individual support plan goals, which address client specific needs. This position requires you support clients in individualized daily living and self-help needs (including but not limited too); behavior, socialization, communication, memory, organization, mobility, motor skills, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide services (Habilitation and/or Respite) as identified in each clients Individual Service Plan, which can include, bathing/toileting, meal preparation, grooming/dressing, companionship, etc.
- Help clients increase independence at home and in the community (outlined in the Individual Service Plan).
- Complete all appropriate documentation such as data collection notes, individual work records, and other work-related documents.
- Complete all time sheets, leave slips, accident/incident reports, etc., within their stated due dates.
- Use professional language and judgement while working with client's, families, and staff through the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD).
- Maintain all required work certifications and pass DDD required training.
- Maintain thorough communication with the HOPE Group staff, as well as families served.
- Ensure a healthy and clean work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Minimum education; high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills (ability to clock in and out of an electronic device).
- Ability to define behaviors, collect data, and understand client needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Valid State ID; must be at least 18 years of age.
- Successfully complete HOPE Group Orientation.
- CPR and First aid certification.
- Proof of training and proficiency in A.A.C. Title 6, Chapter 6, Article 9.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card (FPCC).
- Successfully pass criminal background check.
- Reliable transportation.
- Three (3) verifiable references.
- Must work 16 hours per month
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires regular sitting, walking, standing, reading, seeing, speaking, hearing, listening, organizing, interpreting data and information, operating office equipment, typing using a computer keyboard, and viewing a computer screen monitor, and occasional lifting of objects of up to 40 pounds. The working environment consists of an indoor and climate-controlled setting the majority of the time, and with occasional activities occurring in an outdoor non-climate controlled setting.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.