COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the Bursar must:
- Top-notch customer service skills and enjoy communicating with Students and leaders in other departments. Have impeccable interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Department of Education requirements for Title IV Financial Aid, specifically with regard to cash management. Possess a thorough understanding and knowledge of 1098-T reporting, Truth in Lending Act, PCI compliance, etc.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable management and general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of cashiering and cash management principles and best practices.
- Consistently apply sound reasoning, discretion and judgement when making decisions about individual student account issues or concerns.
- Have the ability to navigate and operate new and changing technology in a sophisticated and efficient manner. Comfortable learning new systems, developing reports and validating data, and adapting business process to best utilize technology and vis versa.
- Have the ability to research complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Possess inherent attention to detail, completeness and accuracy.
- Have the ability to prioritize and manage time well. Have the ability to meet deadlines and move work forward even when faced with interruptions.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree with a focus on accounting, finance, general business or higher education administration.
- Minimum five years experience working in a customer service focused role, with at least 3 years in a University student accounts or student financial services office.
- At least one year experience in a supervisory position.
- Experience working on a system implementation or as an administrator in a student information system preferred.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Logan University strives to be an educational leader that is authentic, intentional and strategic about diversity, fairness and the development of an inclusive campus community. We acknowledge and respect the differences in human experience that shapes and enriches education, healthcare, society and our institution.
It is our expectation that all employees support the mission and vision of the university, and carry out their professional duty aligned with Logan University Values: Diversity, Empathy, Student First, Positive Attitude, Evidence Informed, Character and Teamwork.
Logan University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All Logan employees are expected to complete annual compliance training by assigned deadlines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are typical of an office job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit and use hands while performing the duties of this job to type on computer, handle files, documents, pens, pencils, staplers, etc. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms when filing and using office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift computer reports weighing up to 10 pounds and sometimes lift and/or move boxes of records or files weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must be able to converse with staff members, and students.
NOTES: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor.
An employee is expected to assist and provide coverage for coworkers during peak periods, vacation days or sick days at all locations, and to work with administration in the attainment of the Colleges missions and goals.