Under the direction of the Sports Director, the Gym / Field Representative will supervise specific adult and/or youth programs including (but not limited to): basketball, baseball, indoor soccer, volleyball etc. The gym/field Supervisor is also responsible for responding to various situations in order to ensure safety for participants and spectators and opens and closes the site as need. This position must perform program responsibilities in accordance with the policies, goals, mission, values and objectives of the Wichita Falls YMCA. This is a seasonal position that operates weekday evenings and weekend days and evenings.
- Supervises activities at site(s) and surrounding areas to ensure safety and welfare of users.
- Reports and monitors all mechanical and equipment problems.
- Sets up equipment, and returns equipment to storage.
- Ensures cleanliness and safety of facilities and equipment.
- Also may include cleaning restrooms, trash removal, sweeping and putting the facility/fields to an organized and clean state.
- Enforces all rules, regulations and policies, maintains proper documentation and reports incidents and accidents.
- Assists other staff. Answer inquiries from participants, and provides information.
- Attend meetings and approved training as required.
- May be responsible for opening and closing a facility.
- May work at any location and adjust your schedule as to the needs of the association.
- Adheres to association and position training requirements.
- Work various hours and locations to meet association needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Must meet minimum age requirement of 18 years old.
- One year or more of related experience preferred.
- High degree of human relation and conflict management skills to tactfully enforce all rules and regulations.
- Move, set up, store and move equipment weighing up to fifty pounds.
- Tactfully enforce all rules and regulations.
- Respond to safety and emergency situations and maintain/report accurate incident/accident forms.
- CPR/AED & First Aid certification required within 60 days of hire.
- Pass the criminal background check.
Demands may include the movement and lifting of equipment as needed. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
YMCA COMPETENCIES ( Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values, ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives, provides staff and volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition, cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives, builds relationships to create small communities, empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience; provides staff and volunteers with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions, conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities, develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team, effectively creates and manages budgets, holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights, facilitates change, models adaptability along with an awareness of the impact of change on others, utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance, has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well, uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.