Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree; or AA degree with equivalent work experience in health care, or health education.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in outreach or in the community with people who have health conditions impacting their lives.
- Experience working in a clinical environment.
- Experience in working with culturally diverse communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate, namely with the LGBT and other underserved communities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals who may not share basic commonalities, including value systems and behavior norms. Ability to provide service to individuals with diverse economic, social, racial, and cultural backgrounds.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively and with patients and family members who speak English as a second language.
- Experience working with an electronic health record (eCW preferred).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly with minimal errors.
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Highly enthusiastic and confident communication style capable of motivating others.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of local community resources, health and social service systems in the local community, and skill in establishing working relationships with community partners with appropriate support.
- Ability to transport to various locations such as outreach events, seminars, trainings, committee meetings.
- Ability to investigate leads for patient outreach and engagement opportunities.
- Ability to establish and maintain personal and programmatic boundaries while providing supportive services.
- Ability to serve with minimal supervision.
- Ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns and exercise good judgment to handle calls properly.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California drivers license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes. Covid vaccination and booster or medical/religious exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.