For more than 40 years, Fall Creek Farm & Nursery has cultivated exceptional blueberry plants for customers all over the globe. Our products are second to none, in part, because we have high standards, superb growing conditions, and most importantly, good people.
Join us as we grow! We have an immediate opening on our Research and Development team for an experienced Applied Research Lead. This position supports the development and deployment of new blueberry varieties and will be responsible for leading the company's North American applied research initiatives.
- Works with breeders in programs around the world to trial advanced material, provide data and feedback, and influence release decisions that support Fall Creek’s goal of bringing the best varieties to market.
- Collaborates with the Product Manager, Applied Research Leads, and Breeders to develop Variety management guides for industry professionals.
- Conducts in-depth research and analyses of production/growing issues of key customers and reports findings to internal teams.
- Leads physiological trait dissection and subsequent translation of findings into breeding applications in collaboration with Variety Development and Molecular Biology teams.
- In conjunction with Fall Creek's IT department, assumes a leadership position in the development of Fall Creek's custom research database.
- Provides training as appropriate to the Sales & Grower Support team on new and/or improved production practices and developments in Fall Creek genetics.