The primary responsibilities of the Janitor A involve the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal. The Janitor A will also assist the rest of the staff, as directed, in their efforts to manage the property in an efficient manner. It is the duty of Janitor A to follow all directives given by the Community Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all business in accordance with The Habitat Company’s policies and procedures, state and Federal Laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing etc. Perform activities to maintain the continuity of essential environmental services in order to guarantee resident comfort and security.
- Conduct building walk-downs daily and replace all burned out bulbs from hallways and stairwells and batteries in emergency lighting as needed.
- Safely operate power equipment, as needed.
- Maintains awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Maintain curb appeal of the property at all times.
- Trash-out vacant units.
- Complete assigned work orders according to company guidelines.
- Complete final inspection of all units turned over for leasing.
- Follows company guidelines in proper storage of chemicals maintaining Maintenance Data Sheets current and readily accessible.
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the property and must immediately correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, broken (door locks, inoperable smoke detectors, gas leaks.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests (received and completed), apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Instills a “safety first” attitude not only with maintenance but also with all residents.
- Follows company guidelines for wearing safety items.
- Train Janitor’s helpers.
- Assist Manager in completion of annual apartment inspections.