Under Administrative direction, plans, organizes, coordinates and directs assigned professional medical services activity of Grand Lake Mental Health Center, Inc. under the direction of the Director of Medical Services. The Department Head for this position is the Director of Medical Services. This position is immediately supervised by the Medical Director.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible and held accountable for the following duties:
- To work under the direction of the Site Administrator and/or Medical Director.
- To evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients with psychiatric disorders, making appropriate referrals for the treatment of other medical disorders.
- To maintain current clinical competency by continued education in psychiatry.
- Maintains appropriate licensure requirements.
- Provide Telemedicine services.
- Attend Provider Meetings as scheduled.
- To provide liaison and consultation between the Agency and the medical community as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job requirement.
- Employee must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management as requested.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Must meet “satisfactory” expectations at any scheduled job performance evaluation.
- Quality of work will be evaluated through training, skill, or special purpose. Must be competent and adequate.
Must perform the specific job duties as listed above to meet position expectations.
In addition, must possess skill in working cooperatively and effectively with clients, staff, management and other professional groups; in exercising mature judgement in dealing with people; in presenting ideas clearly and accurately; in reading and comprehending the English language; and in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.