The Maintenance Technician is a member of our Facilities department and reports to our Maintenance Manager. Under supervision, this position performs a variety of general maintenance tasks. Duties will vary depending on the seasonality of the business and the particular phase of each project.
We operate in a beautiful nursery setting, typically Monday-Friday, day shift only.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Assists with general maintenance on vehicles such as oil changes, safety inspections and other maintenance tasks.
- Assists with repairs, adjustments, modifications, and general maintenance of nursery equipment and machinery.
- Performs general maintenance of facilities which may include site preparation for buildings, repairing irrigation and water lines (requires digging), building small structures to house equipment and facilities, cleaning storage areas, cleaning storm damage, and preparing greenhouses for inclement or cold weather.
- Assists with small building projects at the nursery which may include concrete work, carpentry, electrical, and painting/staining.
- May restock and store supplies.
- May perform general housekeeping and landscaping duties around the buildings.
- Requires at least one year experience in a maintenance, construction or related position.
- Requires basic math skills.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interact effectively within a diverse workforce.