Lighthouse Central Florida is a mission-driven, values based organization providing optimal blend of rehabilitation training services and real world application to help individuals of all ages, who live with any degree of vision loss to adjust to their reality with grace and confidence so they can remain active, productive members of our community.
We are seeking a Lead Vision Rehabilitation Instructor who, under the supervision of the Adult Services Manager, will mentor and advise vision rehabilitation staff, while continuing to teach and coach individuals with low vision and blindness (LVB). This position will direct service instruction may include activities of daily living, communication, access technology, braille, pre-cane Orientation and Mobility, low vision, adjustment to vision loss, career education, sensory-efficiency, and self-determination. They are responsible for creating and evaluating curriculum and ensuring vision rehabilitation services are being performed in compliance with company policies. They will also assist in ensuring that all Vision Rehabilitation Instruction meets or exceeds contract obligations and professional standards.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Responsible for the direct oversight and completion of training objectives for visually impaired clients in the program.
- Provide one-on-one community-based, virtual and center-based instruction to assigned clients.
- Ensure the completion of required documentation within three days, including the day of service, for assigned team.
- Review assessments/eye reports prior to beginning service with a new client.
- Ensure assigned team is completing and maintaining client attendance records accurately.
- Maintain scheduling tools to ensure the accurate scheduling of clients.
- Lead the development of curriculum, lesson plans, and activities that align with agency philosophy and meet client and contract objectives.
- Model the highest standards of client advocacy.
- Lead and develop a cross-functional and collaborative vision rehabilitation team.
- Coach, mentor, and evaluate assigned team in collaboration with the Adult Services Manager.
- Develop accurate work plans for assigned team and ensure staffing levels are appropriate to meet client and company needs.
- Lead client-tracking meetings to ensure collaboration amongst team members.
- Communicate and coordinate various requests, opportunities, and projects requiring vision rehabilitation services to the Adult Service Manager.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, guardians or significant others to ensure optimal client learning experience.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop and maintain curriculum standards that meet the needs of the client.
- Coordinate with other departments to promote the development, implementation, evaluation and refinement of the R360 model as it pertains to Vision Rehabilitation.
- Communicate with the internal case management team, DBS counselor(s), and other LCF staff as appropriate to expedite each clients progress through service delivery.
- Assist in preparing, monitoring, and reporting data for grants, contracts, and other funding sources and/or community collaborators.
- Participate in the review of DBS contract deliverables. Advise the Manager and other leadership team members regarding compliance, implementation, staffing, reporting, and other matters affecting the LCF/DBS relationship.
- Facilitate the request, receipt, and distribution of procurement requests.
- Maintain the confidentiality of program participants in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Provide consumers and employers with information on accessibility, reasonable accommodations, disability awareness, and etiquette and ADA information training as required.
- Support and assist in collaborative activities with community partners as assigned.
- Participate in community education and public awareness activities to develop collaboration with other agencies, municipalities, civic organizations, and schools to ensure that vision rehabilitation services are recognized as an important resource to the community and known to individuals who can benefit from services.