Special Events Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
An EMT at the DECC is part of the DECC’s fun, fast-paced events. A Special Event EMT will work concerts, hockey games, and various large-scale events at the DECC Facilities. They will provide medical attention to guests in need and fill out the proper documentation for each medical occurrence.
Requirements and Competencies
- CPR Certification
- State of Minnesota EMT Certification
- Current EMT basic skills and abilities
- Ability to adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to resolve problems and manage difficult situations as needed
- Ability to move quickly and safely throughout the facility
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous sporting event EMT experience
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.)
- Provide medical assistance to injured or sick guests
- Exhibit excellent customer service
- Document and report all medical occurrences
- Be present and observant during large scale special events
- Additional duties as assigned
This position is part-time with an event-driven schedule. This position will have daytime and/or evening shifts scheduled on various days of the week and may include some holidays. The DECC cannot always schedule a definite end time due to the nature of events, but an estimated time will be provided.
A Special Events EMT will be provided with DECC branded shirts and be expected to maintain a professional appearance.
The work environment will fluctuate between hot and cold, and moderate noise to high levels of noise.
This position will require someone that is able to stand on their feet for many hours at a time, moving quickly to different places based on needs.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of reference checks
- Successful completion of a background check
- Successful completion of a drug test, if applicable
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements
The DECC uses USCIS Form I-9 to verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee is required to present the DECC with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization at the time of hire. The DECC will examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s).
The list of acceptable documents can be provided by Human Resources.
This position is at will. This means if you are offered the position and accept, your employment with the DECC is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by you or the DECC, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this job description or any other policy of the DECC shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the at will employment status of this position.
The at will employment status of an employee of the DECC may be modified only in a written employment agreement with that employee which is signed by the Executive Director or the Chair of the DECC Board of Directors.
By your signature below, you acknowledge your understanding that your employment with the DECC is at will, and that nothing in this description is intended to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied.
Type of Position
Type of Employment
Director of Building Services