What Our Human Resources Assistants Do
- Maintain accurate information in employee files, reports, documentation, and HR system (currently Paycom).
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources team.
- Supports the recruiting process which posting and closing jobs, scheduling interviews, and conducting background checks.
- Assist with new hire orientation.
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Assist with benefits administration, which includes data entry, benefit packets, benefits meetings, and auditing invoices.
- Responsible for employment verifications and reference checks.
- Maintain and scan employee files and documents for active and former employees.
- Involved in various HR projects as needed.
- Assist with volunteer events, community outreach, and company-wide special events.
- Provide customer service and assistance to employees and vendors by answering questions and requests.
- Provide support and guidance to the organization’s departments regarding HR policies, processes, and best practices.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of HR experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office and HR systems.
- Strong attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask and prioritize demands.
Who We Are
Winners serving Winners!
At Checkered Flag, we’ve been providing drivers in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Newport News, and Hampton with first-rate vehicles and services since 1964. In the 50+ years that have passed since then, we’ve expanded our vision of service to over 10 different dealerships in the area. We’ve done this all without compromising our vision and mission because we know it’s our commitment to excellence that has allowed us to reach the level of success, we’ve been fortunate enough to achieve.
Our Honda, BMW, MINI, Toyota, Porsche, Audi, Hyundai, Genesis, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volkswagen, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, and Fiat dealerships come with excellent reputations, and we are looking to grow our winning team!
Experience What Checkered Flag Offers
- Medical, dental, vision coverage and more
- Company paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Paid Time Off, and a paid day to participate in local charity or volunteering events
- Employee and family discounts
- Professional development assistance
- Free education through Strayer University
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Day shift
All applications and resumes are kept strictly confidential. Checkered Flag Motor Car Company, Inc. is an EEO Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.