High School Diploma AND a minimum of 12 months of experience providing HIV education or risk reduction counseling. Will also consider someone who has a strong socio-cultural identification with one or more of the following populations: Black/African American MSM, Black/African-American and Latinx cisgender heterosexual women, transgender persons, people who inject drugs and persons under 30 years of age living with HIV or at high risk for HIV. Must successfully pass LA Countys Division of HIV & STD Programs HCT certification program training during first year of employment.
- HIV infection; STD infection/treatment; HIV prevention; psychosocial issues as it relates to HIV and STD transmission/acquisition, special issues relevant to individuals who are at risk for HIV/STD and/or living with HIV;
- Health education and behavior modification theory; human sexuality, substance abuse, behavior change principles and strategies; effective communication skills; group dynamics; data management; general computer knowledge; community resources;
- Health and social concerns of diverse populations such as gay and non-gay identified men who have sex with men and other genders, individuals who share injection paraphernalia, heterosexuals, women at sexual risk and transgender individuals.
- Work independently with minimal direction
- Work in a fast pace environment
- Meet multiple deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Provide services in a non-judgmental fashion and work effectively with diverse populations
- Maintain records and follow clinical guidelines/protocols.
- Work efficiently and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Work and solve problems independently
- Work flexible hours
- Motivate and maintain a cadre of volunteer Peer Health Advocates
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
COVID-19 and Booster or Medical/ Religious Exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.