- Two - three years of demonstrated success with non-profit, corporate and foundation fundraising
- Background in foundation grant writing preferred; background in government grant writing a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM databases required
- Corporate sponsorship sales a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborative and able to work with employees at all levels across a matrixed organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills; strong persuasive communication skills
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with database management, spreadsheet and desktop publishing to communicate concepts and other computer-based activities;
- Problem analysis skills and strong judgment required; Possess a positive, results driven approach, and the ability to suggest creative solutions to problems.
- Flexibility and resilience, including the ability to adapt to changing priorities, situations and demands is necessary
- Event, fundraising and/or business-related Bachelor’s degree
We offer an inclusive, casual work environment with robust benefits for staff. In compliance with public health recommendations, we are currently working remotely; some remote working options will continue following the lifting of work from home restrictions as appropriate. We are headquartered in Pleasant Hill.
Benefits include, but are not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403B (retirement plan), life and long term disability insurance, vacation, sick and personal days and federal holidays, as well as a paid Winter Break.
Interested applicants please complete the online application and submit a resume and cover letter on our company website: SONC Posting - Development & Grants Administrator For this position, it would be helpful to provide a brief writing sample preferably from a foundation grant application that you worked on and/or drafted. Please redact any information which may identify the grantor or grantee. Salary for this position will be provided upon request.
Special Olympics Northern California and Nevada is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with diverse backgrounds.