Fall Creek is creating a world with better blueberries through its friendly, collaborative team spread across the globe. To help us accomplish this, we are seeking a qualified Lab Technician. This position will be located in Lowell, Oregon.
There are 4 different levels of Lab Technicians: I, II, II, and Senior.
What you will do at Fall Creek:
Lab Technician I
- Responsible for cutting plant material as directed and meeting production standards
- Maintain personal and plant performance data to monitor productivity
- Maintain an organized and sterile workstation, and maintaining safety procedures
Lab Technician II
- Demonstrate a higher level of understanding of plant and Lab processes
- Developed planting technique, along with proving low-level understanding of plant contamination
- Assist with set up transfer rooms each day and dedicate time visually scanning culture rooms for contamination
Lab Technician III
- Thorough understanding of the transfer room processes and operations
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities such as printing labels, scanning production vessels, and assisting with shipping needs
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail in all aspect of the process
Sr. Lab Technician
- Assist with training of new employees
- Gathering culture media and plants from staging areas, performing plant harvest duties, obtaining or putting supplies away, cleaning, and assisting in different lab departments
- Experience working in a laboratory setting, and knowledge of laboratory terminology and equipment
What you bring to Fall Creek:
- Highschool diploma or GED
- Levels will be determined based on education, experience, and equivalents
Who is Fall Creek?
We’re a US-based company with a keen focus on blueberry genetics, plants, and grower support delivered to the world’s premier blueberry growers. From our humble beginnings in Lowell, Oregon more than 40 years ago, we now also have wholly-owned nurseries in Mexico, Peru, and Spain. Additionally, we have built a global team of the finest breeders, researchers, propagators and nursery professionals, grower support technicians, sales and customer service experts and more. We’re a deeply-planted link in a global chain, ready to serve our customers and our industry throughout North, Central, and South America, Greater Europe, and Africa. Our mission is to serve the growers and to support the blueberry industry, helping to ensure growers maximize success through our delivery of the best genetics and plants, technical know-how and global market intelligence. To fulfill our mission, we focus on cultivating exceptional plants, building strong relationships and providing responsive customer service. This is all part of how we’re helping to build A World with Better Blueberries™.
Fall Creek Farm & Nursery® offers a competitive salary and benefit package which includes health, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and 401K plan. This position requires an executed confidentiality and non-solicitation agreement upon hire. Employment offers are contingent on meeting our drug testing, background, and reference check standards. EOE