FROM HIRING MANAGER
BioDuro is a US-headquartered preclinical CRO company and we are looking for someone who has basic experience with mouse work, including mouse handling, shaving and labeling, tumor and body weight measurement, injection and dosing (subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, intravenous and oral gavage), blood collection, basic necropsies and tissue collection. Ideally this candidate should have mastered most if not all of the aforementioned tech. But we are happy to interview someone with less skills and experience.
Additional qualities that are not necessarily required but desired include cell culture, cell-based assays and preparation of cells for mouse injection.
What We Do
BioDuro is a privately-owned Contract Research, Development and Manufacturing Organization (CRDMO) headquartered in San Diego, CA with more than 1,200 employees globally. Our four facilities provide integrated solutions and exceptional services to our clientele for challenging preclinical and clinical trial projects. With capabilities spanning Discovery Chemistry, Biology and Animal DMPK services through our Chinese facilities, to Formulation Development and cGMP Manufacturing of oral solid dosages, nebulized and inhaled products, gels and topical ointments at our San Diego Headquarters, there is no surprise BioDuro is a leading partner of choice.
Take the next step in your career and join BioDuro today to change lives through the products we help create. Here, you will contribute your talents to meaningful projects that impact the lives of patients around the world and develop as an individual by working directly with a team of seasoned experts and rising stars. Our values of Accountability, Respect, Tenacity, Results and Integrity are embedded in everything we do. No matter what your role may be, BioDuro strives to ensure all our employees are empowered and given the necessary tools to lead us in our relentless pursuit of success.
The In-Vivo Research Associate is responsible for implementation of in vivo and in vitro studies through animal handling in a vivarium or laboratory environment; including compound administration by multiple routes – dosing, tumor implantation and measurement, harvesting tissues and blood samples.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Accurately perform in vivo studies that include the following laboratory procedures: Tumor implantation and measurement, mouse dosing, blood sampling and tissue harvesting and processing
- Perform minor surgical procedures as needed
- Analyze, summarize and archive data in an accurate, timely and complete manner
- Work independently with moderate supervision
- Have open communication, positive interpersonal and teamwork skills, and timely, accurate maintenance of written reports
- Have a full understanding of and the ability to apply established principles, theories and concepts in area of responsibility. Projects may require familiarity with current scientific literature together with the capability to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions within generally defined practices and policies
- Adherence to Quality System
- Communicate with the logistics team at BioDuro China for procuring and shipping biological materials (international shipping included) through emails and teleconference.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Qualifications Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires BS in biology-related fields or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year of related laboratory experience
- Solid experience in mouse handling in a lab setting is required, including tumor implantation, dosing through multiple routes (e.g., oral gavage, sc, ip and iv), harvesting tissues and blood samples.
- Pharmacology-related experience is a plus.
- Experience in cell culture techniques and cell-based assays is a plus.
- Ability to calculate the molarity of solutions, perform dilutions and make solutions following protocols
- Troubleshoot effectively and solve scientific problems with supervision
- Willing and able to work under the pressure of deadlines and find solutions to meet timelines
- Flexible team player, strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable using computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and internet
- Willing and able to work within a Quality System and comply with SOPs
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy
- Detail-oriented individual with above-average communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to understand and speak Chinese (Mandarin) is preferred for better communication with the logistics team at BioDuro China.
Well-lit heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office and occasional laboratory setting with adequate ventilation. Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature. May require long periods of standing/sitting.
BioDuro employment provides the opportunity to work in beautiful San Diego, California only 5 minutes from the nearest beach, with the possibility of international travel to our facilities in Jiangsu, Shanghai, and Beijing. We offer full health benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, an aggressive bonus structure, and market-competitive salaries to all our employees. In addition, BioDuro provides employees with free catered lunch Monday through Thursday, and a variety of engaging employee and community outreach events. We strive to reward and promote employees who exhibit our values of Accountability, Respect, Tenacity, Results and Integrity.
EOE and Accommodation
We value diversity and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. BioDuro provides reasonable accommodation in job application procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need accommodation in connection with the recruiting process due to a disability, you may use the alternative methods by emailing email@example.com. If you are selected to interview for a position, you may also request an accommodation with our team directly.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives
BioDuro is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any BioDuro employee by a third-party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of BioDuro. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.